Welcome from the Whisperers

Welcome from the whisperers... The artists of the Whisper Collaboration invite you to share our journey. Twelve artists, each begining with a theme, will carry out a visual game of "Chinese Whispers". Our book pages will travel between us, each collaborator adding their own interpretation of the theme. The trick will be that only the originating artist will know what the theme is! It's up to the rest of us to decipher that theme only from the work of the previous artist and the set of 'page clues' that will grow as the collaboration progresses! Here on our blog, we will share images of the clues, and perhaps some other tantalising snippets of information...all adding to the intrigue. Join us, and see if you can guess each artists theme as the books progress!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Sarahs Book, Jen's page


I put this off for ages, not sure what my approach would be, but once I started it was a lot of fun!

8 comments:

Shhhelley said...

That's colourful Jen. I think 'Whispers' is entering another lovely phase - where you can see snippets from books you have done a while ago and try to imagine how that particular book might be developing. I did Sarah's whisper first and I can actually imagine your page around it. But then again ......

Thanks for the fun.

Shhhelley

ps this will be my first post since Tracey tweaked the site, so my fingers are crossed

Shhhelley said...

Wahooooooo!

Tracey Hewitt said...

Ye-haaa Shelley!!! It worked! Good to have you back!

And I agree - I loved looking at Jen's efforts in Sarah's book, having done my page a couple of months ago... interesting, isn't it? Can't help thinking how much fun it will be to see all the books finished!

Shhhelley said...

Yes, I agree.I'm thinking more and more about how each book will look when it's finished - something I didn't really do in the first few months. I'm really enjoying piecing my own Whisper together. I can't wait to see it all finished.

And thanks for all you tweeking for the blog Tracey. It is good to 'be back' and believe it or not, I am blogging from my phone while away at a conference which is pretty exciting for me to achieve!

Well better get back to concentrating on the speaker. Blogging and Whisper making is far more fun though.

Shhh x

jenconde said...

How exciting Shell, You did it!!! Good on you Tracey for doing the magic tweak. :)

jenconde said...

By the way Shhh, that is gouache in the image. Remember we were talking about it last friday??

Shhhelley said...

Thanks Jen. I have to get me some - I think that holds the key to my lack of vibrancy in some of my work. Thanks for your help…as always :-)

Peta said...

Hi Gals,
Fantastic to see a new post up here, thanks Jen! and very exciting to read the dialogue between everyone!
Jen your preview of Sarah's page is beautiful! Not sure what it's about though!!
Shhhelley.....welcome back!!
And thanks so much to our tweaker -Tracey :)