Welcome from the Whisperers

Welcome from the whisperers... The artists of the Whisper Collaboration invite you to share our journey. Twelve artists, each begining with a theme, will carry out a visual game of "Chinese Whispers". Our book pages will travel between us, each collaborator adding their own interpretation of the theme. The trick will be that only the originating artist will know what the theme is! It's up to the rest of us to decipher that theme only from the work of the previous artist and the set of 'page clues' that will grow as the collaboration progresses! Here on our blog, we will share images of the clues, and perhaps some other tantalising snippets of information...all adding to the intrigue. Join us, and see if you can guess each artists theme as the books progress!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A "Snippet" of Nanette

Nanette's first page arrived last month & I was so excited to open this first little parcel of creativity. It was colourful & daunting - almost confusing!!! And then it hit me - Oh My God - I am doing this again - it's torture looking at the pages for the first time & not having a single clue as to what you will do with it. It took me a while but I finally came up with something that I was happy with. (3 weeks later!) This is a "snippet" from Nanette's first page. This part is fairly obvious you may think, that is until you put the rest of the page with it! I have recieved Lindesay's page & Nanette's snippet last week & guess what?.?.?.?.? It's Ground Hog Day!!

3 comments:

jenconde said...

The colours remind me of someone... an famous artist maybe? ... ah but I will have to wait to see more. Nice clue Olley!

Peta said...

The colours are very yummy and very Nanette and also I think they are the beautiful colours used by a very well known artist...I hope I'm right as I've already completed my page in Nanette's book....stay tuned for my whisper of this special book!

Tracey Hewitt said...

Mmmm...yum. Hang in there Olley - I know how you feel!!!