Welcome from the Whisperers

Welcome from the whisperers... The artists of the Whisper Collaboration invite you to share our journey. Twelve artists, each begining with a theme, will carry out a visual game of "Chinese Whispers". Our book pages will travel between us, each collaborator adding their own interpretation of the theme. The trick will be that only the originating artist will know what the theme is! It's up to the rest of us to decipher that theme only from the work of the previous artist and the set of 'page clues' that will grow as the collaboration progresses! Here on our blog, we will share images of the clues, and perhaps some other tantalising snippets of information...all adding to the intrigue. Join us, and see if you can guess each artists theme as the books progress!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Peta's Whisper - A Clue from Sarah's response...

Peta, I really grew into your Whisper. I wanted to "do another one" - and it was so hard to choose in the first place! Sarah's response was colourful and intense! This clue snippet doesn't really give anything away but does reveal the wonderment of the original theme. I love it! My response bubbled away for a while - I initially felt I couldn't create anything to support the concept, but then, with my usual flurry of "arts and crafts" towards the end of the month, my Whisper came to be and I sadly said goodbye when I sent it on to Tamara .... but not before I took 100 photos!!

Good luck Tamara. You'll have a lot of fun I'm certain.

Shhhelley

2 comments:

Peta said...

Shhhelly...I love this snippit from Sarah's page of my book.....it's such an unusual and unexpected shape!! and isn't it great when it finally all 'comes together on the night!'
Peta

jenconde said...

Its amazing what we can do when a deadline is looming. Glad your enjoying this Shelley, Jen