Welcome from the Whisperers

Welcome from the whisperers... The artists of the Whisper Collaboration invite you to share our journey. Twelve artists, each begining with a theme, will carry out a visual game of "Chinese Whispers". Our book pages will travel between us, each collaborator adding their own interpretation of the theme. The trick will be that only the originating artist will know what the theme is! It's up to the rest of us to decipher that theme only from the work of the previous artist and the set of 'page clues' that will grow as the collaboration progresses! Here on our blog, we will share images of the clues, and perhaps some other tantalising snippets of information...all adding to the intrigue. Join us, and see if you can guess each artists theme as the books progress!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

An Exciting Week Coming Up!!

By now you will all be either putting the finishing touches to your 'whispers' books, or packaging them up nice and securely, (and maybe for some, decoratively!)
Tuesday is the 1st of March and the official starting date for Round One! So I imagine by the end of this week at the very latest you will each have a new book in your hands.......
What are you going to make of the themes??? What story will you visually tell??? How will you document the previous artists work in the form of a clue, (I have heard the clues being referred to in a few ways: fragment, square, piece, sheet....any other descriptors?????) Also what will you document down about the page you see????

As you know from my previous post, I asked Olley if she would mind sending he book to me a little early if possible....well she did! Olley delivered it to the school I work at, unfortunately it was on a Friday so I didn't actually get it until Monday as I don't work Fridays, (Fridays are my dedicated studio days!)....I was very busy on Monday, so didn't even try to take a peek until after I had arrived home and was able to give it my full attention and do the 'opening' justice.......I had two ideas about Olley's theme immediately...then a third one occurred to me a few days later....so, what did I do???? Well, I.............sorry, you will have to wait and see!!!
What I can tell you is that I have had an absolutely lovely day today working on my page of Olley's book, (I know I'm rather early but I really like to be organised..... and I won't have heaps of time when I get back from the US on the LAST Sunday of the month), so, back to the book.....I was up to my armpits in ink, shellac, gesso and some delightful collage pieces....I have 90 per cent completed what I need to do......I'll put the finishing touches on it when I return......I wonder if I have interpretted Olleys book correctly????

While I'm away I'll be checking into the blog from time to time, I'm very keen to see what's happening with all of you back here in Oz as well as to keep up to date with the collaboration!
I will also hopefully, put a couple of posts up about my trip.

Take care and have fun creating your pages..........your whispering coordinator!

No comments: