Welcome from the Whisperers

Welcome from the whisperers... The artists of the Whisper Collaboration invite you to share our journey. Twelve artists, each begining with a theme, will carry out a visual game of "Chinese Whispers". Our book pages will travel between us, each collaborator adding their own interpretation of the theme. The trick will be that only the originating artist will know what the theme is! It's up to the rest of us to decipher that theme only from the work of the previous artist and the set of 'page clues' that will grow as the collaboration progresses! Here on our blog, we will share images of the clues, and perhaps some other tantalising snippets of information...all adding to the intrigue. Join us, and see if you can guess each artists theme as the books progress!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm getting excited!!

Not long now folks.......till we begin this collaboration....only ten more days to the beginning of March, AND, Olley's book awaits me at TCC, (where I work)...I'll have it in my hot little hands on MONDAY!!!
Olley has been super fast at completing her book and has very kindly sent it to me early! The main reason for this is that it's also not long until I jet off to the USA, March 4th to be exact! I'm off to visit one of my daughters and my 6 month old grand daughter, Abby, who is very cute when I see her on Skype! An especially nice thing about this trip is that I will be spending 6 days in New York with JacQ!! We've often talked about being in NY together and now we will actually do it. Helen and Kristin have provided us with some great information, like places to see, things to do as well as where to eat and shop! Thanks so much guys!
My book is packaged up and ready to post, hopefully I will send it off on Monday, so watch out for it in your letterbox Sarah!
I trust you are all on track for posting your books off so they will arrive at their destinations by the beginning of March ?
Looking forward to following what you're each doing via this blog.
love,
Peta

2 comments:

Tracey Hewitt said...

Peta...I'm a little jealous! A trip to NYC sounds very exciting! Have a wonderful time! Bet you are busting to see your 'girls'.

My book is coming along...not as quickly as I'd lke, but making progress, and will certainly be off to JacQ in time (is she leaving on the 4th also? - maybe I should rattle my dags a bit faster!)

Peta said...

Tracey,
I wish you and all the other collaborators were coming to NYC with me!! Wouldn't that be fantastic and fun!!
JacQ doesn't leave until the 14th or 15th of March, Tatum and I will meet her in NY......Tate and I will be at Heidi's house from the 4th to the 15th, then back there from the 20th to the 25th...it will be soooo lovely meeting my 6 month old granddaughter in the flesh...I plan to give her lots of cuddles.
No doubt JacQ will be wanting to tell me about your book......BUT she won't be able too!!!!
Glad it's coming along at last! I hope working on your book is a lovely life giving experience for you. xxxPeta