Welcome from the Whisperers

Welcome from the whisperers... The artists of the Whisper Collaboration invite you to share our journey. Twelve artists, each begining with a theme, will carry out a visual game of "Chinese Whispers". Our book pages will travel between us, each collaborator adding their own interpretation of the theme. The trick will be that only the originating artist will know what the theme is! It's up to the rest of us to decipher that theme only from the work of the previous artist and the set of 'page clues' that will grow as the collaboration progresses! Here on our blog, we will share images of the clues, and perhaps some other tantalising snippets of information...all adding to the intrigue. Join us, and see if you can guess each artists theme as the books progress!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Back to Reality

It's wonderful and exciting and fun to travel........ but also fantastic to be home again and back into things, like sleeping in my own bed, snuggling up to my husband, eating Aussie fare, giving my dog a pat and getting back into my studio and the collaboration! What have you each been up to over the past few weeks? Have you figured out the theme of the book sent to you for round one? Or are you scratching your head with bewilderment! because I knew I'd be away for most of this month I had to move fairly quickly with Olley's book, I wonder if I have 'read' it correctly? It was such fun interpreting Olley's theme! I could see at least two possible stories and also maybe a third......there was no time to dilly dally, so after considering my options I pulled out a selection of my favourite art materials and simply let my intuition and understanding of the theme guide me in piecing together my page. I know we can share some snippets of the books on this blog, so thought it would be okay to share with you an image of the postage box that Olley's book pages will be travelling around in. Olley has requested for each of us to decorate her postage box with Chinese ephemera.....what a brilliant idea! Oh Oh.....I'm a bit rusty on the uploading of images so you will notice that the image of Olley's box and my clue snippet image are above this new post...sorry!!!! (Maybe I can blame it on jet lag!!)

1 comment:

Tracey Hewitt said...

Good to have you home Peta!! It's been a little quiet without you! I'm about ready to put the finishing touches on Tamara's page and try to figure out what snippet I can share here.

Hope you had a great trip... and as totally awesome as adventures are - there is nothing as wonderful as your own bed, is there?

Sleep tight!