Welcome from the Whisperers

Welcome from the whisperers... The artists of the Whisper Collaboration invite you to share our journey. Twelve artists, each begining with a theme, will carry out a visual game of "Chinese Whispers". Our book pages will travel between us, each collaborator adding their own interpretation of the theme. The trick will be that only the originating artist will know what the theme is! It's up to the rest of us to decipher that theme only from the work of the previous artist and the set of 'page clues' that will grow as the collaboration progresses! Here on our blog, we will share images of the clues, and perhaps some other tantalising snippets of information...all adding to the intrigue. Join us, and see if you can guess each artists theme as the books progress!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tamara's Clue


Here is the clue from the page Tamara sent me for her book...On receiving the parcel and opening it a month ago, I felt pretty confident that I was on the right the track with her theme...except for one thing...the Big R....oh dang it! I can't tell you!! But, I wish I could! Because this one element has had me wondering if I'm missing the point altogether. Pretty much everything points one way. Except this thing. So, I've gone ahead and created my page as I first interpreted the theme, and included a reference to "the thing" in my piece. I also worked in a piece of machine embroidery, along with the watercolour paint, mica paint and coloured pencil.

How is everyone else going?

Ready for the next lot of pages?

3 comments:

Peta said...

Tracey, sounds as if you have had a wonderful time working on Tamara's book! Your clue piece is beautiful, I can only imagine the rest of the piece, which of course would also be stunning! I like the sound of the 'mica paint', I'm guessing that it would have a lovely sheen to it.
You will also see that I deleted the other two posts that somehow 'lost' their images...and have been successful tonight with putting them up again! Let's hope they don't disappear overnight!

jenconde said...

Great colours Tracey... a bit of a comic book feel? Just fishing! jen

Tracey Hewitt said...

Oooh...I can't tell!! This clue is actually Tamara's own work for her page, that I have posted back to her today...mine remains a mystery!