Welcome from the Whisperers

Welcome from the whisperers... The artists of the Whisper Collaboration invite you to share our journey. Twelve artists, each begining with a theme, will carry out a visual game of "Chinese Whispers". Our book pages will travel between us, each collaborator adding their own interpretation of the theme. The trick will be that only the originating artist will know what the theme is! It's up to the rest of us to decipher that theme only from the work of the previous artist and the set of 'page clues' that will grow as the collaboration progresses! Here on our blog, we will share images of the clues, and perhaps some other tantalising snippets of information...all adding to the intrigue. Join us, and see if you can guess each artists theme as the books progress!

Monday, March 7, 2011

From Cleveland USA!!

I awoke this morning to a white wonderland.......it snowed during the night at my daughters house in Cleveland!! How beautiful everything looks when covered with a soft white covering...and how cold it is when you venture outside!! It's really lovely being here and seeing my daughter and my new grand daughter....Abby is soooo very cute! she is a very happy and contented baby giving us all lots of gorgeous smiles!
Everything looks so different here to what I am used to in Queensland, the houses are mostly painted wood, cream, white, pale greys and sometimes there is a deep red one! All the roof's are steep to allow the snow to slide off and not build up and cause the roof to collapse, the trees are mostly bare except for the fir trees of course.......and the letterboxes, they are quite large and made out of plastic!
Tonight we are eating out at a diner with Matt's family, this will be an interesting experience for Tate and I!
How are you all progressing with your books? Have you figured out the themes? It's very interesting to ask others what they think the theme is.....I asked two friends from work, they both saw different things to what I did!
I'm looking forward to seeing some blogs soon!
From your well rugged up coordinator!!

5 comments:

Tamara said...

I'm stumped on Shelley's theme. I can also relate to asking for someone elses perspective which is very different to what you see.

Peta said...

Yes, it's a good idea...although I didn't ask anyone until I had finished Olley's book. It may have made it more confusing as I would have had at least three other ideas to my own!

Tamara said...

I can see that another perspective could be a double edge sword. Strangely it was reverse for me, sort of helped me tease out what I was sensing or not sensing.

Now to your adventure have you been able to hunt and gather yet?

Peta said...

I'm certainly haveing a lovely adventure Tamara, today I've been shopping at WalMart! Lots of stuff inside...also today went to Pat Catan's a craft store....there were some goodies in there! You'll just have to wait and see what I scored on my return....We also went to a large bulk buy food and electrical store yesterday - BJ's, we brought big boxes of stuff to take to New York.
talk again soon!

HRS said...

sounds like you are having great fun there Peta....that is wonderful.